Over the past few months God has put us on a path that has stretched our faith and humility. It is hard to watch God refine your spouse when it means moments of discouragement and heartbreak, but at the same time I know to get to the moments of rejoicing we must walk through moments of pain. Perhaps what speaks most deeply to me in this time is knowing that each and every morning my wonderful husband spends time studying God's word. Rather than allow discouragement to defeat him and turn his gaze away from the father, Patrick turns straight to God for leading. He finds comfort and joy in scripture and that EXCITES ME! His passion for God makes me strive to have an even deeper relationship with the Lord. He is a constant source of encouragement in my life both spiritually and emotionally.
Knowing he leads me because God has led him makes submitting to his leadership easier. I am a stubborn individual, submission is not my nature, but as a wife it is what God has called me to. I count myself blessed beyond measure that I have a spouse that leads with a firm but gentle hand. He doesn't abuse or neglect his call to lead, he embraces it. When so many marriages today fail because of a lack of leadership & submission, I am so blessed to be married to a man that leads by the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I don't have to question his decisions because I know He has made them with a sound mind. I know he is going to be a great father, because he has been a great leader in our marriage.
As I was driving in the car Saturday I heard the song "Lead Me" for the first time and immediately Patrick came to mind. The bridge and chorus of the song are so powerful:
So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be
Oh, Father, show me the way
To lead them
Won't You lead me?
To lead them with strong hands
To stand up when they can't
Don't want to leave them hungry for love,
Chasing things that I could give up
I'll show them I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life
So we can call this our home
Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone
(Lead Me by Sanctus Real - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGE6Davndh0)
Happy Birthday Patrick, I Love You!
hj
No comments:
Post a Comment