For the past few weeks I have received alot of questions regarding how you can support our adoption. For the past 8 years I have had a passionate desire to start an adoption fund that would not only help us bring Baby J home, but also support others families who are adopting as well. The average cost of adoption can range anywhere from $2500 - $50,000. We have been fortunate to find an agency whose cost is very low, keeping our total expenses at $8000.
After much prayer and many years of sitting on this, I believe God has moved my heart to action and thus we are starting the Hope4BabyJ Adoption Fund. Our goal is that Hope4BabyJ would turn into a Non-Profit organization, but this is a huge task, so we have decided to begin with a simple adoption fund. As the fund grows we will begin the process of becoming a 501-C3.
There are several ways you can help support our adoption fund:
1. Pray! - First an foremost we ask that you would pray with us. Our desire is that this fund would help in bringing home even one of the 147 million orphans in the world. We are praying God would use us to fulfill the call in James 1:27.
2. Doodle Fly Photography - If you are in need of portraits, I have started a photo business with the sole intention of raising adoption awareness & support. For now all of my shoots are done on location & by donati*n only. I hope to have my website up and running this week.
3. Thirty One Gifts - If you love accessories as much as I do you are going to love 31! Thirty One is bags, baskets, gifts, cards, etc. You can host a party or just order from my online catalogue. All proceeds from my sales go to support the adoption fund. http://www.mythirtyone.com/25307/
4. Events/Wedding Planning & Coordinating - I have been planning and coordinating weddings and events for 15 years now. My background is in Weddings, Bridal Retail and Hotel Catering, there is no event to large. Let me know how I can help.
5. Repurpose for a purpose - I have several pieces of furniture and decor I have repurposed that are availble for purchase. As these items come up I will post them on this blog.
6. Speaking Engagements - We are always looking for an avenue to share our adoption story. If you are looking for a guest speaker for your next marriage retreat, ladies retreat, adoption seminar, etc. please let us know. We do not charge a fee to speak and any donations received go to the adoption fund.
7. T-Shirts - We are in the process of getting t-shirts printed with the Hope4BabyJ Fund logo (which we are still working on). Once these shirts are printed we will let you know.
8. Give - Since asking for money outright is not my forte, this one falls to the bottom of the list. If God leads you, donations are always welcome.
So that's the list for now. I hope to be able to add to it in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me about any of the above. You can reach me by facebook, twitter or email at hjanson@live.com.
Many Blessings,
HJ
1 comment:
Heather, I am continually encouraged and blessed by your commitment to raise up the next generation. As I'm sure you know, Matt and I are unable to make our own baby, so we too will be looking toward other avenues for God's provision.
You and Patrick are in our prayers as the Lord leads you in this endeavor. We are so early in the process, but we are already so aware that this is no small task, financially, emotionally, etc. We will support you in any and every way we can.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do (besides the things listed here).
Love to you both,
Tamara
Post a Comment