Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009...I'll be seeing you...

It hardly feels possible that we've said goodbye to yet another year. As you can tell it has been sometime since last I posted, perhaps its business, the holidays or just the fact that I haven’t had much to post about. I hope in my absence these past few months that I have not lost those who faithfully check in to see how we are doing. For many of you who received our Christmas card, this is your first time reading our blog, to all of you I say Welcome! So who ever you are, I'm glad you've stuck with us.

What have we been up to these past 2 months?

In the realm of adoption we continue to wait for some movement from Taiwan, we wait & we pray.

November was spent wrapping up school & prepping for the holidays. My extended family came to visit as well as our dear, dear friends Brandon & Shonna. The biggest surprise was the arrival of younger sister’s family, from Georgia, on Thanksgiving Day!

December was filled with family. I was able to spend a good deal of time with my sister & nephews. I never would have thought it possible to love 2 little people as much as I love Axel & Atlas (my nephews). They are precious boys and I only wish they lived closer so we could spoil them, teach them things only Aunties & Uncles can, love on them, babysit them and so much more. Every time they laugh or smile it just lights up the room. I miss them so very much!

We wrapped up December by heading home for a week. With the exception of a spout of violent illness, it was a wonderful trip. Albuquerque is a city like none other, just beautiful. We spent time with our best friends the Byrd’s & Petersons, youth from our old student ministry, past ministry partners & Patrick’s family. It's always a blessing to know that God has given us a "Jesus Family" all over.

So that brings us to 2010! I am continually amazed at how fast time goes by. In looking over the past year I find myself reflecting on the many trials and joys that the Lord chose us to walk through. The holiday season came with joy and heartache. But the beauty of a new year is the chance to start fresh.

What’s my fresh start?
*To focus
*To spend more time talking & listening to God
*To actually read through the bible in a year
*To smile more & laugh even more
*To cry when I need to cry
*To verbally communicate more than virtually communicate
*To blog more and twitter/facebook less
*To not allow life to get the best of me, while everyone else gets the worst
*To use my passion for photography to glorify the one who gave me the passion
*To finish the things I have started over the years
*To let God be God & be simply content with that

I pray that you were abundantly blessed over the holidays, not by gifts or the presence of family & friends, but by the simple joy of the God who is the reason for all our celebrations.

To 2009, Au Revoir, I'll be seeing you.

Blessings!

No comments: